Thursday, May 20, 2010

Grover Beach

A couple weekends ago my Uncle had a surprise 70th birthday party in San Luis Obispo that Travis and I were able to go to.  We had such an awesome time and we got to see a lot of people from my side of the family that I haven't seen in a really long time and that Travis had never met.  Unfortunately I didn't take my camera and didn't get any pictures from that :(  But it was great.  We have friends who are more like family that just recently moved back to that area, so I decided to spend the week with them while Travis headed off to Ohio for a business trip.  We had such an awesome time!  Carly and Naomi (their youngest daughter) are super close friends, so of course Carly had a blast.  We spent almost the entire week at the beach... which is just how I like it :)  The week went by way too fast (yes even with six kids in one house)!  We were able to attend two services at Calvary Chapel Arroyo Grande and were so blessed by that.  So here are our awesome friends:  Terrance and Emily Clark and their four kids (left to right) Elijah, Caleb, Naomi, and Kayah.






Both of my girls love chasing the waves, they could do it all day long!  I didn't get enough pictures of them hanging out at the beach but here is a fun one of Carly.  This is at Pismo Beach.



One of the days we were out there we went to Montaña de Orro.  It was so beautiful.  The water was ice cold, but the kids didn't care, they played in it anyway :)  The sand wasn't sand, it was more like gravel and you can't really walk in your sandles on it (which of course is all we brought).  Talk about some serious over exfoliation, it was so painful!  It was hard to walk the rest of the day and the following day.  You knew the people who would go to that beach more regularly because they all had tennis shoes on which is not typical for people to wear at California beaches.  So lesson learned... next time we will be more prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment