Well, the girls both had to get shots today. Kamryn had to get her first shots and Carly got her last (until Kindergarten). I thought it would be awful getting them at the same time, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Still pretty heart breaking though. Carly went first... She was excited because we got her all pumped up telling her she was getting her shot, and we would get ice cream afterwards. I told her what a big girl she was, etc. Anyway, she was so cute and unsuspecting when she sat down to get her shot. And when the needle initially went in she didn't make a sound, I almost thought she wasn't going to cry. But a split second later she was screaming with giant crocodile tears dripping down her cheek and off her chin. It was really sad. She had the death grip monkey hold on me after that until the nurse had her pick out a lolly pop a minute later. So Carly is barely all better and now its Kamryn's turn. That freakin' needle is just about the length of her leg width. She had the delayed reaction too, but wasn't quiet for long. Definitely the first time I herd her scream like that. It didn't last for too long though. I mean, it seemed like forever at the time but that's just me being a mom. So it's all over now. Carly was even asking for another lolly pop so Travis told her she had to have another shot to get one thinking she would be turned off to that idea. Instead she ran to me telling me she wanted another shot. Guess it wasn't so bad after all.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Shots
Well, the girls both had to get shots today. Kamryn had to get her first shots and Carly got her last (until Kindergarten). I thought it would be awful getting them at the same time, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. Still pretty heart breaking though. Carly went first... She was excited because we got her all pumped up telling her she was getting her shot, and we would get ice cream afterwards. I told her what a big girl she was, etc. Anyway, she was so cute and unsuspecting when she sat down to get her shot. And when the needle initially went in she didn't make a sound, I almost thought she wasn't going to cry. But a split second later she was screaming with giant crocodile tears dripping down her cheek and off her chin. It was really sad. She had the death grip monkey hold on me after that until the nurse had her pick out a lolly pop a minute later. So Carly is barely all better and now its Kamryn's turn. That freakin' needle is just about the length of her leg width. She had the delayed reaction too, but wasn't quiet for long. Definitely the first time I herd her scream like that. It didn't last for too long though. I mean, it seemed like forever at the time but that's just me being a mom. So it's all over now. Carly was even asking for another lolly pop so Travis told her she had to have another shot to get one thinking she would be turned off to that idea. Instead she ran to me telling me she wanted another shot. Guess it wasn't so bad after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey there, Court! Found your blog... its super cute. I totally thought I commented already though. Hmm. Anywho... Hope you all are well and lets see some more photos. You two look super hot in your pic on the sidebar :)
ReplyDeleteCourt,
ReplyDeleteHow are you? I got your blog from julie (bean)dastrup. I think its kinda crazy we were talking about friends from school the other day and were both wondering how you were doing. Well your blog is great. Jessica (Homer)Simkins. Oh i have a blog also its jarrettandjesstica.blogspot.com
Hey Cute Court! Jess sent me your blog info. Get going on some more pics! Send me your email address and I will send you an invite to my blog. My email: cory_aimee@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteAimee