Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Utah Trip

Well, I'd be embarrassed to tell you how many times I have been back to Utah to visit since I left 10 years ago, so I won't.  But Travis and I packed up the fam and headed out there for a 5 day visit.  We all had such a great time.  I was able to visit with some friends I haven't seen in way too long.  I also went to my 10 year high school reunion (can't believe it's been 10 years).   Then we spent the rest of our visit camping with my dad and step mom on some beautiful property they co-own.  I completely enjoyed the visit, but it made it even more enjoyable to see what a good time Travis and the girls had...  we will be back soon.   Here are some pictures from our trip...

 Is this place beautiful or what???  I don't have pictures up of the two deer and elk that Travis spotted in the short time we were there.  Dad and Julie thought it was funny how excited we were to see the few we were able to spot.  Earlier in the summer this place is the happening spot for all the animals, especially the elk and deer.  Travis can't wait to get back during that time of year.



Kamryn just loves rocks, and I am happy enough that she throws them rather than putting them in her mouth.  Luckily she doesn't usually throw them AT anyone :)



She loves to lay out in the rocks too...  I don't see how that could be comfortable, but she couldn't get enough of it.



Carly and Kamryn both had a blast on the 4wheelers.  Even when we weren't riding them they were climbing all over them.  Carly rode this little one by herself for a little bit after Grandpa spent a lot of time teaching her how to ride.  I think she was a little intimidated though, she liked riding with us on the big ones better.



And this picture pretty much sums it up for how Kamryn felt about these toys as well.  I think she could have rode on them all day and all night the whole time we were out there.






Carly was so attached to Grandma the whole time we were there.  She followed her around everywhere and didn't stop talking the whole time.



This picture cracks me up...  Kamryn is totally studying my dad, I'm pretty sure she has him all figured out now :)  His strengths and weaknesses, and just how to get what she wants from the big teddy bear.











Travis is an awesome camp cook.  Whenever we go camping he does the cooking.  Just thought I'd post a picture of my man cooking our fabulous breakfast.  He didn't do all the cooking this trip though, Julie hooked us up with half the meals and is a pretty great camp cook too.  Its amazing how wonderful a meal can taste when you don't have to cook it yourself :)



Another funny picture I had to post...  Kamryn is barking at Riley (my dad's dog), Riley looks a little confused about the situation.  ha ha ha




And last but not least -  breakfast with great friends... And the only picture I'm in...  Thanks Tory for taking this picture for me, so glad we took it :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow I have been a slacker! I love all these pics, Court. How is it that neither one of us has a picture of the two of us all dressed up for the reunion?!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete